The Derwent Entertainment Centre is unrivalled as Tasmania’s largest and most versatile indoor concert venue, with so much more!
In recent years the Derwent Entertainment Centre (DEC) has hosted some of Tasmanias biggest and most popular concerts including: David Guetta, The Presets, X-Factor, Guy Sebastian, Lenny Kravitz, Mumford and Sons, Nick Cave, The Ten Tenors, The Wiggles, Disney Live, John Butler Trio, Powderfinger & Jet, Billy Connolly, The Sound of Music, Cold Chisel and Cirque du Soleil, to name just a few.
Unrivalled Space and Flexibility
The main arena at the DEC can accommodate up to 7,000 general entry concert goers, keep them happy with up to five bars and kiosks, has corporate suites for hire and offers free parking for over 1,200 vehicles. If your concert is a more intimate affair then staging, seating and curtains are customised to create a space ideal for whatever numbers you require.
When you hire the main arena the entire venue is at your disposal. Access to our numerous function rooms is included in the booking, providing you all the space you need for private meetings, pre-show cocktails, VIP pampering, artist meet-and-greet or anything else. Your event manager will help you customise the main arena and other spaces to your event’s specific requirements.
Behind the Perfect Event Space…
Our highly experienced back-of-house team are skilled and ready to setup the venue just as you need it. All the backstage features of the DEC are fully at your disposal when you book the main arena and include:
- Bump-in area with 6m doors, large enough to accommodate two semi-trailers simultaneously
- Two green rooms and four dressing rooms with bathroom facilities
- Free parking for over 1,200 cars with overflow facilities nearby
- Extremely flexible staging and floor options all supplied in-house
- Floor to ceiling curtains to transform the main arena to hold 1,300 to 5,200 seated guests
- 40 tonne load capacity above the main arena floor
- 3 phase power available anywhere backstage and on the main arena
The backstage and technical team work closely with your event manager to transform our space into your space. All part of our commitment to making your concert as successful as it can be!
Event Service and Support
The DEC is on the ticketmaster network, and as such is able to sell tickets at the following outlets:
- Centretainment – Hobart CBD
- Princess Theatre – Launceston
- Devonport Entertainment Centre – Devonport
- Ticketmaster direct number (13 61 00) or website
In addition to these, there are sales from the DEC box office and over 100 outlets on the mainland.
We also pride ourselves on providing more than just a venue. In addition to ticketing support our event management and marketing support is available to any level of assistance and advice you require. From local PR campaigns, print, television and radio exposure to unlimited use of our website, social media presence and customer database capabilities, we have extensive industry experience in facilitating coordinated marketing campaigns for any event.
Want to know more?
Contact us and chat with an event manager about your concert’s technical requirements.